** This position is located in Blairsville, GA 30514
Are you currently working in a major city and/or with a large corporation? This is your once in a lifetime opportunity to find fulfillment and peace of mind while working in one of the most beautiful areas in the southeast with one of the most forward-thinking home building companies in America. Our Drafters, utilizing BIM technology, produce material quantities thus combining drafting & estimating into one job position. This is not a job but a career. We are looking for professionals with high character, work ethic and talent. If you are an A player there is no ceiling with Brown Haven Homes. We are innovative, goal driven and looking for the same.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Each assigned home is drawn site-specific based on the terrain and selections.
- Assist in the design and preparation of plans for new models, and update existing models, with an emphasis on value engineering.
- Maintain legends and window and door schedules for each base house drawing in the database and on each contract specific drawing.
- Maintain assigned floorplans and estimates
- Audit existing assigned plans for accuracy of drawings and material takeoffs
- Update plans to reflect feature and specification changes.
- Plan changes and reschedule in response to field complications and visits.
- Complete draft revisions within an agreed-upon time frame.
- Create plans specifying property lines & wall heights.
- Interpret and implement building code changes into the base plan database of working drawings.
- Prepare standard plans for full basements, slabs & crawl spaces.
- Check all first drafts for completeness and accuracy.
- Communicate any substantial plan changes to the Construction Support Leader.
Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills:
- Must be proficient in Revit.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with high energy level, attention to detail, & a positive attitude.
- Able to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in verbal & written communication.
- Familiar with Windows & MacOS Operating Systems, Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Excel, & Word, AND/OR willingness to learn said operating systems & office applications.
- Experience with MarkSystem, Lot Spec, X-Ray, and/or Pipeline is a plus!!
Job Types: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Salary: From $50,000 per year